If you’ve been injured on the job, you need a Port St. Lucie workers’ compensation lawyer on your side. Our firm can fight for the benefits you need to pick up the pieces and rejoin the workforce again. Contact the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today to learn more about workers’ compensation in Florida.
Port St. Lucie Workers’ Compensation Lawyer | Fighting for Injured Workers
If you’ve been hurt on the job, you need a St. Lucie County personal injury lawyer who can help you through each step of the workers’ compensation process to help you receive the financial benefits you need to get back on your feet again. Regardless of who caused the accident, if you were hurt on the job, you should be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
What to do After a Workplace Injury
If you are injured on the job, you should take several steps to document the accident and receive the medical treatment you need. If possible, do the following:
- Call the police and notify your employer or supervisor. (Workers in Florida are required to report a workplace injury within 30 days of it occurring.)
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information.
- Take pictures of the cause of your injury.
- Seek medical treatment immediately and save all documentation pertaining to your injuries.
- Speak with a Port St. Lucie workers’ compensation lawyer at once. If you wait any longer than two years from the date of your accident to file a workers’ compensation claim, you will lose your right to workers’ compensation benefits.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Florida
Employers of companies with four or more employees are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance in Florida. Additionally, employers of any construction company with one or more employees are also required, by law, to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Workers’ compensation benefits are designed to help cover the cost of an injured workers’ medical bills (including the cost of traveling to and from appointments regarding the injury) as well as a portion of the worker’s lost wages. As long as you and your attorney can prove that you truly qualify for workers’ compensation insurance, you should receive workers’ compensation benefits.
Contact a Port St. Lucie Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
No one who has been injured on the job should have to fend for themselves. Our firm understands that you may need some financial assistance in paying for your lost wages and medical bills until you are capable of returning to work and collecting a paycheck once again. We are ready to help. Contact the Florida Personal Injury Law Team today to schedule your free initial consultation with our competent legal team.
Click here if you need an Orlando Workers’ Compensation Attorney.