Seldom do we ever step foot into a hotel and think of it as particularly dangerous. However, when hotel staff or management fail to vigilantly ensure their premises are adequately maintained, safety hazards can arise, and people can sustain serious injuries as a result. If you were recently wrongfully injured in a hotel accident, you need to continue reading and reach out to a competent St. Lucie County personal injury lawyer right here at the Florida Personal Injury Law Team as soon as you possibly can. Here are some of the questions you may have about hotel accidents and how we can help if you were hurt in one:
How do most hotel accidents occur in Florida?
Hotel accidents typically occur as a result of negligence. Some of the most common causes of hotel accidents that we see are as follows:
- Spills left uncleaned
- Dangerous hotel gym equipment
- Dangerous hotel swimming pools
- Absent lifeguards at swimming pools
- Unsafe hotel sidewalks or parking lots
- Inadequate security
- Dim lighting
What should I do if I’m hurt in a hotel accident?
If you are hurt in a hotel accident, you should take the following steps to help ensure you receive immediate medical treatment and document the accident:
- Call 911 and notify hotel management of your accident.
- Take pictures or videos of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Keep a copy of all documentation pertaining to your injury.
- Speak with our experienced Orlando premises liability attorneys. We can work to uncover all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim.
What is the statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Florida is, typically, four years. This means that in most cases, you will only have four years from the date of your accident to sue the party responsible for your injuries. Our firm has effectively handled personal injury claims on behalf of our clients for decades, and we are prepared to assist you as well. Do not delay–pick up the phone and give us a call today.
Contact our experienced Port St. Lucie Firm
Here at The Florida Personal Injury Law Team, our firm understands the detrimental effects that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family. Our firm handles a wide array of personal injury claims, including those involving auto accidents, slip and falls, defective products, construction accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, and more. If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury, look no further than the Florida Personal Injury Law team. To schedule your first consultation with our team, contact an experienced Port St. Lucie personal injury attorney today.