If you sustained injuries on a job site, please read on, then contact an experienced Port St. Lucie construction accident lawyer to learn what you should know about construction accidents in Florida.
What are the types of construction accidents in Florida?
Construction workers and all others who enter construction sites can sustain injuries in any number of ways. Some of the most common are as follows:
- Falls: Construction workers often perform their jobs from high places such as scaffolding, rooftops or ladders. This is the number one cause of accidents.
- Falling debris: Tools, building materials, pieces of scaffolding or other supplies can do serious damage when they fall from significant heights and land on workers.
- Electrocutions: There are often exposed wires, unfinished electrical systems and downed power lines until construction is complete.
- Explosions or burns: Even if exposed wires do not electrocute anyone, they may still spark explosions or fires.
- Slips and falls: Extra materials, tools and debris are often lying around construction sites, posing a tripping hazard.
- Machinery accidents: Construction workers regularly operate large and/or dangerous machinery, such as jackhammers, cranes, bulldozers or even smaller power tools, which may cause serious injury.
- Getting trapped in between materials: Workers often face the risk of being trapped between a wall and the material, causing broken ribs or cutting off oxygen intake.
- Trench or ground collapses: Trenches and other excavations are often necessary, but they could make the ground and surrounding areas unstable and subject to collapse.
- Getting hit by a vehicle: This is especially common on highway construction sites when speeding or distracted drivers strike workers with their vehicles.
- Overexertion: The long hours in the elements, including extreme heat and humidity, can lead to injuries from dehydration, fainting or even strokes.
If you have sustained injuries in any of the preceding ways, you should reach out to a skilled St. Lucie County personal injury lawyer to discuss how you should proceed.
How can a Florida construction accidents attorney help you?
Given the strict statute of limitations on all personal injury claims in the Sunshine State, a qualified personal injury attorney from our firm will be able to prepare the necessary documents and file them with the court in a timely manner. He or she will also help you collect, compile and present the evidence needed to prove your case and win you the compensation you deserve. Defendants are never inclined to admit to wrongdoing, so let us help you hold them accountable, while you focus on healing.
Contact our experienced Port St. Lucie Firm
Here at The Florida Personal Injury Law Team, our firm understands the detrimental effects that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family. Our firm handles a wide array of personal injury claims, including those involving auto accidents, slip and falls, defective products, construction accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, and more. If you require legal representation for matters of personal injury, look no further than the Florida Personal Injury Law team. To schedule your first consultation with our team, contact an experienced Port St. Lucie personal injury attorney today.